The Lymphatic System is a complex network that moves fluid between cells and tissues. Additionally it is very important in the maintenance of a healthy immune system and aids us in fighting infections.
The lymph system has no pump, unlike the circulatory system which has the heart to pump the blood. Therefore, the lymph benefits from the assistance of movement with lymphatic massage and drainage techniques.
If the lymph becomes sluggish and/or stagnant, the fluid can back up and hold the toxic waste it is attempting to move and purge from the body.
This fluid congestion can lead to a variety of conditions including;
- Skin breakouts
- Dry wrinkled skin
Benefits of Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) include:
- Assists weight loss
- Alleviates cellulite tissue
- Supports preventative health maintenance
- Detoxifies the body tissues
- Regenerates tissue, including burns, scars (pre- and post- surgical), stretch marks and wrinkles (especially on the face)
- Relieves discomfort from fibro-cystic breasts
- Supports post-mastectomy health
- Relieves chronic joint and muscle pain
- Removes pathogens via the lymph system
- Promotes T-cell development, which assists persons who are HIV positive
- Reduces edema (swelling) of many origins.
We use the XP2 Electro Device for Lymphatic Drainage at GRD Holistic. This device is a sophisticated machine the the therapist will gently glide over the lymph areas much like the manual technique producing excellent detoxification results.
It will move the lymph and keep it from stagnation through the gentle stimulation of fluid to the nodes and the clearing of the nodes to move into the blood. The fluid can then move through our physical body as intended eliminating toxins through the urine, bowel, skin and lungs.
GRD Holistic Healing specializes in the detoxification of the physical body through Colon Hydrotherapy, Juice and Food cleansing programs, Yoga, Breath work and Massage.
Call for more information to start a cleansing program designed specifically for you.